Monday, April 18, 2011

Somehow, I found a way...

I heard this song just recently, and instantly fell in love with it.  I love his voice, and just the overall sound of the song.  Of course I felt like I can relate to the lyrics as well.  I can't say that "getting lost in someone" is a good thing... It's an experience I think we're all bound to go through, it's definitely a learning experience (especially if it doesn't end the way you thought). But finding the RIGHT person, to get lost in... that's the key.  But wanting to get close to someone, wanting someone to let you "in"... and not getting the fulfillment, doesn't feel so good.  Then having to pull away, knowing that you got lost in this person, knowing you LET yourself get lost in that person.. it's hard not to be disappointed in yourself.  This has nothing to do with the song, but the song may be the reason to why I'm feeling this.. but my issue right now is letting someone else in, letting myself develop feelings for someone. I'm afraid of getting lost in someone else to get hurt, and just getting lost in someone else entirely.  I know I shouldn't punish my future because of my past... but I think this song for some reason just pulled all these feelings out of me.





"You tried to lie and say I was everything.  I remember when I said I'm nothing without you.  I'm nothing without you.  Somehow I found a way to get lost in you.  Let me inside, let me get close to you.  Change your mind, I'll get lost if you want me to. Somehow I found a way to get lost in you. You always thought I left myself open, but you didn't know I was already broken.  I told myself that it wouldn't be so bad, but pulling away, you took everything I had."

No comments:

Post a Comment