Sunday, June 05, 2011

Phoenix!

1.  Started the week off (on Tuesday cause of the holiday) feeling pretty crappy.  I had the worst headache imaginable later in the day Tuesday afternoon.  Was so bad, I felt drunk and didn't think I should have been driving.  It hurt behind my eyes, which was causing me to want to close my eyes, so I went home and spent the rest of the night in bed.  I ate in bed, did computer stuff in bed, and finished the book I've been reading "Something Borrowed".  (NOW I CAN GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!)

2.  Did without my cough medicine on Wednesday and it was the best decision!  I felt more like myself, and was able to function on a normal level!  Smart me!! ;) So after work, I went with my mom to Missy's softball end of the year pizza party, and had dinner.  Then went home to pack for Phoenix!!

3.  Flew out to Arizona Thursday night after work.  I bought this trip a few months ago when Southwest was having an amazing deal, and have been looking forward to this trip since!  Left Thursday night, and am flying back Monday morning.  The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is having to go straight to work after I fly in.  Thankfully I have AMAZING parents who don't mind driving 2 cars to Ontario Airport, so they can leave me with my car to go to work.  =)

4.  PITA JUNGLE!! This is my newest favorite place to come eat when I visit.  I can't even explain it and the food, but we had pita bread with hummus, spanikopita, chicken cheese quesadillas, and tomato basil and mozzarella salad.  YUUMM!!

5.  Went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby yesterday (mainly to look for paper that I'm using for Steph's Bridal Shower invites), but also to just go take a look at my favorite store. ;) On the way out, I asked Jac if this was her first time out without either of the kids (we left them at home with Jeff), and she replied with "Yes, I feel lost.  So, sorry if I'm not talking."  I found that hysterical.

6.  Went to the middle of no-where last night for dinner (where they have this famous pie, which wasn't so good), and to listen to live music.  At first I was a little worried, cause it was seriously in the middle of no where, like The Hills Have Eyes (if you haven't seen that movie, DON'T WATCH IT!!) But we had dinner, then went outside, did the Cha Cha Slide with Ali, then just hung out with her fam.

7.  Went to church with the Douma family this morning.  I find myself during church thinking I should move out here, cause the atmosphere/environment; I'd like to come to this church on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment