Friday, March 04, 2011

Shorts & Fishnets

Okay, Fashion Friday.... I love fashion.  Most of you know I'm not a "T-shirt & Jeans" kinda girl.. sometimes I'd like to be... and sometimes I try.. but then I end up putting some kinda vest on, maybe a belt, and totally dress it up.  My inspiration for this post came from my sister, Melissa (the one still in high school).  She came downstairs last night with an outfit on, and I heard her ask my mom if "it looked ok".  I heard my mom tell her to come ask me.  So I turn around and she had on her cute bright little yellow shorts on, a grey shirt, black fishnet tights with some kind of design and grey vans.  Siiiigh...I remember the days where I used to try to put my outfit together the night before, but unfortunately I didn't have an older sister to go ask if it "looked ok" (my mom still wasn't very much help then in that department lol).

The outfit didn't go.  At all.  I HATED the shoes.  She could totally pull off the shorts and tights, but the vans killed it.  I don't know if I would have liked it better if she had black vans, but she had grey.  Yikes! Grey & yellow?? Hmm.. not too sure. lol  So I told her no, and she went back up, and changed the shorts but I think kept the grey vans on... still told her no. lol  She probably tried on like 10 different outfits on, and the shoes just killed EVERY outfit.  It made sense to me, see.. this is why I have so many shoes. lol  But I told her, the only way you can pull of this look is with boots.  Either boots with a heel, or flat boots, but they need to be black and need to be long, or high.. whatever the word is.

So thinking I'm going to write about this subject today, I did a little research.

In my opinion, this what NOT to do:

Fishnets with Uggs..Unless you're going for the lazy look.

Fishnets with rain/garden boots.... UMMM WTF?!?!?

I LOVE Rihanna, but thigh high & shorts? Lets look at with with someone NOT famous...
NOT attractive.


And some people might like this... but I think if you're ever going to wear footless fishnets, they either need to be like capri length (which I'm still unsure of), or boots!

What I think WORKS (if your going for the fishnets with shorts look):


Heels... not sure if I like them with 'peep-toes', but this works, but not for my little sister. LOL Shorts & heels show off way too much leg. ;)


Flats.. Melissa coulda totally pulled off the look with cute little dressy flats.


Cowboy boots

Motorcycle/Lace-Up/Buckle (whatever you wanta call 'em) boots

Mid-calf boots

Booties
So I think I gotta go tell Melissa that she needs to invest in a new pair of shoes.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment