Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crazy little thing called... LIFE!

Busy, busy week!!

1. Met up with my bride's DJ, and the coordinator at her venue.  As of today, 5 more days until her BIG day!! So finalizing the timeline, coordinating with vendors, and getting last minute things for the day of; I'm pretty much ready to get the show on the road!

2.  Gym routine is now back into effect.  So is my "diet", and my no drinking rule (sort of).  I've complained to a few this week that being my age, it's hard to not have a drink.  Unfortunately, that's what we do; you go grab a drink and hangout.  So after a week of drinking nothing but water or tea, I tried to have a beer Friday night - I drank about 3/4 of it, but was sort of uncomfortable with the constant feeling of needing to burp (sooo not girly, I know!)

3. Went to The Avocado House on Saturday with Tristan and our friend Ashley (who's baby shower we attended last weekend) for breakfast Saturday morning.  I had never been, it was pretty good!

4.  Spent my Friday night at the gym, which I thought was going to be it for my Friday night.  But a friend had asked if I wanted to go grab a drink, so after coming home and showering and getting picked up at 12:45.. we laughed cause everywhere was about to close!  So went and grabbed a couple drinks, and went back to his house and watched Killers (mind you, I don't watch very many movies, so this was exciting to me; especially when Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel are involved). So we watched a movie and hung out, until I finally got tired and had him bring me home at 5am. lol

5.  Projects, projects, projects.  There's so many, that I don't know what to do or where to start.  With Stephanie's wedding - there's things I've told her I'd help her with; like mailing the save-the-dates, help with design work for her invites, figuring out colors, glassware and candy for her candy bar.  On top of that, I have to start working on her bridal shower invites.  Then I've spent a few hours this week researching jobs and applying to jobs.  Also have spent a few hours writing for my newest project, which is still under constructive criticism... so I'm keeping mostly everyone out of the loop, for now. 

6.  My madre had a bone marrow biopsy this week.  Not fun.  While she was there, my close friend Jackie (in Arizona) was getting induced to have her second baby.  Let's just say I was sitting at work having sympathy pains... for both of them.  Fortunately, my mom wasn't in tooo much pain afterwards - and had met her and my Dad for lunch..  And Jackie, well.. I haven't talked to her to find out how she was on the level of pain, but her and the baby are good and healthy.  Welcome to the world Henry Dean! =)

7.  And despite EVERYTHING I have going on, of course I'm urged to read a book so I can go watch the movie.  Those who know me pretty well, knows that I can't go see a movie and then read the book afterwards.  I have to read the book before I see the movie, or the book will never get read.  And we all know books have more information than movies.  So I'm trying to read "Something Borrowed", in the little time I have to read it... which is on the bike at the gym, getting a pedicure (which is not often enough, but I got a good chapter or two read yesterday during my pedi), or when I feel like taking a five minute break from all the other hectic stuff I have going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment